Open Youth Opportunity – Central Escarpment Council Youth Commissioner
- Central Escarpment Council
The CYC is the recognized point of contact on issues of program satisfaction and evaluation between the youth, the CouncilLeadership Team and the Areas. The CYC shall be a catalyst for promoting meaningful youth involvement within the Council and ensuring that youth initiatives are actively supported and recognized in conjunction with the Area Youth Commissioners (AYCs).
The CYC works as an equal with a volunteer Council Commissioner and paid Council Executive Director to manage all aspects of theCouncil. They are also a member of Scouts Canada National Youth Network and National Service Team, providing vision for the Scouting Movement.
As the CYC, youth will have the opportunity to take on new challenges and initiatives at both the Council and National levels. They will have the chance to meet new people in and out of Scouts, and most importantly, they can be the voice that helps to grow and promote Scouting. These roles are open to members and non-members of Scouts Canada.
Applicants must submit:
- CV detailing your current Scouting role and Group (if applicable), Scouting background (and other community involvement), awards and recognition and leadership roles in and out of Scouting
- Cover letter that identifies the Council that you are applying for and details why you are interested in the position, your vision for Scouting and what you can contribute to the role
- Name, telephone number and email address
- Area News
- Blue Springs Scout Reserve
- Canadian Path
- Council News
- Events and Activities
- Fund Raising
- Important, Messages, Warnings
- In Memorium
- Registration and Recruitment
- Scout Popcorn
- Scouting in the News and on the Web
- Scouts Canada