3rd Annual CEC Cycle Camp Promo
Scouters Shaun, Peter and Tim took a road trip to check out the course and smooth out any rough spots (by rejigging the routes). See latest mapping.
The amazing fact about this cycling adventure is that In 5 days 4 major Ontario cities (Guelph, Cambridge, Kitchener, Waterloo) will be circumnavigated by keeping to all the surrounding rural areas.
The chosen trail boasts:
- Abundant scenery – Grand River traverse, Nith River, Eramosa River,
- A one-day rafting excursion
- Villages New Dundee, Linwood, St Agatha, Petersburg, Ayr, Glen Morris, West Montrose….
- The Kissing Bridge “covered bridge”
- General store with the best butter tarts (Mrs. Dees)
- Elmira rail trail
- Ice cream stores
- Swimming at Everton, Valens and Conestogo Lake
- Fields and fields of Corn, Alfalfa, Soya….livestock of all kinds
- Counties Wellington, Oxford, Brant, RM of Waterloo, Halton, Wentworth
- Did we mention ice cream?
- Conservation Areas Valens and Conestogo
- Scout Camps Barber, Everton and Impeesa.
- …there’ll sure to be more…