2017 Easiest Fundraiser(s) of the Year!
For almost 20 years, the Wellington Gilwell Club have volunteered for the Rotary Ribfest at Riverside Park. And in the past two years we’ve also volunteered for the Rotary Canada Day Celebration, and the Guelph Multicultural Festival. Sign-up links are at the bottom of this post.
In return for doing parking and garbage at these events, our club received significant funds. We are proud to share that our club has recently used the fundraising profits to support Wellington Scouting through:
- Acquiring new equipment – such as the new Area Kub Kar Track
- Providing the Gilwell equipment trailer to support Quartermasters at camps and events
- Sponsored programs – like the 2015 Wellington Area BBQ
- Supporting local youth reach their fundraising goals for 2015 World Jamboree in Japan ($2,500 in earnings, just from the Multicultural Festival and Canada Day).
- In 2016, Groups shared in over $7,000 in earnings, some of which went to the 2016 Jamboree in Finland.
Invitation for Scout Groups to Share in the Profits
The Wellington Gilwell Club forecasts that over $11,000 in fundraising profits will be available to share this year. Each group that participates will receive a full share of the profits, based on the hours their group volunteers for each event.
You may choose as many shifts as you wish – with a minimum of 2 shifts per group in order to participate in the profit share. (To minimize the paperwork). The profit share will will probably be calculated at somewhere just above $6.00/hour.
Who Can Volunteer for Your Group?
- Adults (leaders, parents, friends, family)
- Youth – Scout age and up (they will be paired with an adult volunteer for garbage duty)
- Choose your shifts (most are 3 or 4 hours long)
- Choose your duty – either parking (directing vehicles) or garbage (advising how to sort, recycle)
- We provide the training, and safety equipment, and good spirits
- Youth volunteer hours can count toward high school requirements
You Pick the Opportunities In 2017
Sign up coming Rotary Ribfest Thursday Aug 24th to Sun Aug 27th, 2017 – Shifts are Thursday (the concert), Friday, Sat, Sun