CECuboree is Coming and We Need YOU!
Hello Scouters, Rovers, Venturers and Howlers,
The Central Escarpment Cuboree 2018 Team has been busy getting ready for our next big adventure. We are excited to bring you a Nintendo Themed camp, but we are seeking help. An event like this does not happen without great volunteers on both the planning team and on the event day. Our next planning meeting dates with Agenda are listed below and we need your help!
Sunday December 10, 2017: 3-5pm
Sunday January 28, 2018: 3-5pm
Location: Hillcrest United Church, Basement Area (8958 Trafalgar Rd, Georgetown)
Youth input is important to our team. At both meetings, 3-4pm will be open for Howlers for helping brainstorm ideas. Some questions Howlers can brainstorm with their Packs using the Super Mario/Nintendo Theme. One idea each for:
• A hot weather activity/water activity
• A cool/wet weather activity
• A craft
• An field activity or game
You may also submit Howler ideas via e-mail to email@example.com. We are looking forward to including as many as we can in the program development.
Other Agenda items (4-5pm) include:
• Team Updates (Medical, Security, Site Services, Program, Admin, etc.)
• Emergency Plan Discussion and Input
Crest Design Contest
The CECuboree 2018 is having a Youth Crest Design Contest. All submissions are due at the meeting onJanuary 28, 2018. Designs can be brought in on paper to our January meeting or submitted electronically to http://cecuboree.scouter.ca/2018-cuboree-contest/
Our planning team are actively looking for volunteers to help with Program Development and Administration. Assistance in these areas does not require regular attendance to our planning meetings, and you may contribute through our Facebook Planning Group and through sub-committee meetings.
Program Development Opportunities include:
- Program co-ordinator – co-ordinate program layout around camp, working with OOS Chief and Camp team to staff activities
- Program Creation – assist in creating an activity with instructions
Administration Volunteer Opportunities Include:
- Assisting with organizing registrations for packs/offers of service on arrival at camp
- Camp Registrar (collecting registrations and contacting them with camp details)
- Food Services Prep – our Offer of Service Chief is looking for volunteers to assist with food preparation and distribution.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact either Kim MacDonald (Camp Chief) firstname.lastname@example.org or Brad Farmer (Site Services Chief) at email@example.com
Hope to see you at the meetings and at camp!!
Central Escarpment Cuboree 2018 Team
Date: June 8-10, 2018
Location: Blue Springs Scout Reserve-Blue Heron (14014 6th Line Nassagaweya, Acton)
CECuboree Facebook Planning Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/185922981889576/