Volunteer Opportunity – Area Commissioner Wellington Area
SCOUTS CANADA – VOLUNTEER JOB POSTING
AREA COMMISSIONER – Wellington Area, Central Escarpment Council
Have you always wanted to make a real difference in the growth and development of youth in your community? Are you energetic, organized; a natural leader who can work at the top level to support and lead volunteers? Do you enjoy being part of a dynamic team?
You’re invited to submit your application for the volunteer position of: AREA COMMISSIONER – Wellington Area
Appointed by and accountable to the Council Commissioner of Central Escarpment Council, you’ll be required to donate 16 – 20 hours per month (on average) to this position. An Area Commissioner may hold this position for no more than 3 consecutive years, each term being for one year as per By-Law, Policies and Procedures. Working closely with the Area Youth Commissioner, the Area Support Manager and the Area Team you will help plan and manage the affairs of your geographic Area and be the principle contact for your Area regarding program management; service to the group’s membership development, adult development and ensuring a safe environment for youth to learn and develop.
Above all, you’ll play a key role in ensuring your Area Action Plan is consistent with the Council Action Plan and focuses. As a member of the Council Management Team, you will represent your Area at Council Management meetings. Your upbeat, positive attitude will encourage a climate favourable for growth of Canada’s best youth movement. You’ll support the promotion of all five programs currently offered for youth aged 5 – 26. With a keen eye for great leaders who think like you, you’ll selectively recruit, orient and appoint Deputy Area Commissioners and other volunteers for your Area team.
Scouts Canada-Central Escarpment Council-Wellington AC 2018 January
Qualifications The ideal candidate will have….
- Two or more years experience as a program volunteer
- Completed Wood Badge I in one or more program sections
- Committed to undertake further personal development related to the role of Area Commissioner within one year
- Recognized training qualification or equivalent experience in program, project and
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Sound knowledge and compliance with Scouts Canada By-Laws, Policies and Procedures including Risk Management best practices and the Volunteer Recruitment & Development (VRAD) Process
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communication with excellent command of the English language and telephone manners
- Ability to motivate others and be a mentor
- Sound and effective problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Access to a computer and proficient in Microsoft applications and email
- Registered as a member of Scouts Canada or willing to become a member
Contact Information –
Interested applicants are invited to apply to David Frederick, Central EscarpmentCouncil Commissioner at:
A detailed job description can be viewed online -HERE-
Please forward a cover letter and résumé, outlining any Scouting involvement and awards and relevant qualifications for this position.
- Area News
- Blue Springs Scout Reserve
- Canadian Path
- Council News
- Events and Activities
- Fund Raising
- Important, Messages, Warnings
- In Memorium
- Registration and Recruitment
- Scout Popcorn
- Scouting in the News and on the Web
- Scouts Canada