It’s here! Each Group is encouraged to have 2 representatives at one of these Popcorn Kick-offs to enjoy the fellowship and take part in fun yet informational training:
- What’s new in 2017
- Important Sale dates to remember
- 2017 Group Kick-off package
4 Locations and Dates to choose from:
- Tuesday August 22nd 7:00 – 9:00pm
Kitchener Scout House (upstairs)
844 Frederick Street, Kitchener
- Thursday August 24th 7:00 – 9:00pm
Erindale Presbyterian Church
1560 Dundas Street West, Mississauga
- Thursday September 7th 7:00 – 9:00pm
John’s Anglican Church
2464 Dundas Street, Burlington
- Saturday September 9th 9:30 – 11:30am
Hillcrest United Church
8958 Trafalgar Road, Georgetown
Please RSVP your attendance by using the link: https://doodle.com/poll/gmp6di2a536kdqkz
Want more? Join us for an additional Workshop to learn how to take it to the next level!
- How to run a successful Fundraiser
- Share ideas & success stories
- How to use Group Level incentives
- Saturday September 9th 11:30am-1:30pm.
Hillcrest United Church.
8958 Trafalgar Road, Georgetown
- Please RSVP for this session with the above link as well.
If you have any questions or want more information, please contact CEC Popcorn Co-ordinator Mike McCoy (firstname.lastname@example.org)
As the weekly meetings wind down, please take a few moments as part of the Review Cycle of Plan-Do-Review to thank our volunteers through Scouts Canada’s Thanks system.
- It takes a special type of person to volunteer, and we can never thank them enough.
- It’s very easy to thank them. You can do it in less than a minute through either the www.scouts.ca/thanks website, or through myscouts.ca.
- These individual citations count towards helping them be recognized for Scouts Canada’s other Outstanding Service Awards.
Anyone can hit the Thanks button and recognize a Scouts Canada Volunteer – Youth, Parents, or other Scouters. If you are logged into myscouts.ca and can access their record (for example, they are in your section or a child organization you have access to), you can add the commendation directly again their account, speeding up the approval process.
The Thanks system is geared towards recognizing Scouts Canada members who are in a volunteer role. If you have a Beaver, Cub, Scout, Venturer or Rover who is doing great things as a Program Participant, talk to you Section Scouter or Group Commissioner on how you can best recognize their efforts.
Have any questions? Contact the CEC Recognition team through email@example.com
Central Escarpment Council Support Team
Hey Scouting Youth!
Are you passionate about Scouting and looking to make some new friends and acquire some new skills? Silly questions, of course you are! Mississauga Area is looking for a youth to join its area team as the youth representative. If you’re in this area and looking to expand your skills, show your passion for Scouting, and have a great time while doing it, we want YOU!
The deadline for applications is June 16th, 2017.
Look here for details on how to apply for this exciting role: AYC – Mississauga
Thanks for your interest and I look forward to hearing from you!!
Yours in Scouting,
Deanna Di Vito – Central Escarpment Council Youth Commissioner
We are saddened with the news today that Bill Rice, from Burlington Area, passed away this morning. A 35 year volunteer with Scouts Canada who was recently honoured with the Bar to the Silver Acorn and the Award of Fortitude for his battle with Cancer. Bill was a strong supporter and volunteer with The Canadian Blood Services and with Movember were Bill had raised over $30,000.00 to help with Men’s health issues.
Our thoughts and prayers are with Bill’s family.
Gone Home far to soon.
Deanna DeVito – Central Escarpment Council Youth Commissioner
David Frederick – Central Escarpment Council Commissioner
Ian Foss- Executive Director Scouts Canada
The 2017 CEC Youth Recognition Ceremony will be on Sunday, June 11, 2017 at Sheridan College, 1400 Trafalgar Rd, Oakville, Ontario.
If you earned the Chief Scout, Queen’s Venturer or Canadian Rover Scout Award since May 2016 and would like to be included in this year’s Ceremony, please fill out and submit an application form
- Download a copy –HERE–
- If you are a Canadian Rover Scout Award recipient, the form has not yet been updated to reflect this award. Please indicate on the form (Add CANADIAN ROVER SCOUT AWARD).
Please send in the forms electronically by May 1, 2017 to Jen Austin (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- In the subject line, please specify “CEC Youth Recognition Ceremony Application – <Group Name> “
- There is no need to send in the original form unless you do not have access to a computer. In this case, please send the forms to the COSC (10 Kodiak Cr., Unit 120, Toronto, ON , M3J 3G5), and mark the envelope Attention: Jen Austin – CEC Youth Recognition Ceremony Application
Presentations for The North Star Award (Beavers) and The Seeonee Award (Cubs) will be done at the Group / Area level.
If there are any questions or issues, please contact our Council Youth Commissioner, Deanna Di Vito (email@example.com)
Pack Pack Pack!
Space is filling up quickly! Register online and save your spot! Be part of the biggest CECuboree yet!
Go to cecuboree.scouter.ca for more information and to sign up! Hope to see you there!