As the weekly meetings wind down, please take a few moments as part of the Review Cycle of Plan-Do-Review to thank our volunteers through Scouts Canada’s Thanks system.
- It takes a special type of person to volunteer, and we can never thank them enough.
- It’s very easy to thank them. You can do it in less than a minute through either the www.scouts.ca/thanks website, or through myscouts.ca.
- These individual citations count towards helping them be recognized for Scouts Canada’s other Outstanding Service Awards.
Anyone can hit the Thanks button and recognize a Scouts Canada Volunteer – Youth, Parents, or other Scouters. If you are logged into myscouts.ca and can access their record (for example, they are in your section or a child organization you have access to), you can add the commendation directly again their account, speeding up the approval process.
The Thanks system is geared towards recognizing Scouts Canada members who are in a volunteer role. If you have a Beaver, Cub, Scout, Venturer or Rover who is doing great things as a Program Participant, talk to you Section Scouter or Group Commissioner on how you can best recognize their efforts.
Have any questions? Contact the CEC Recognition team through email@example.com
Central Escarpment Council Support Team
Hey Scouting Youth!
Are you passionate about Scouting and looking to make some new friends and acquire some new skills? Silly questions, of course you are! Mississauga Area is looking for a youth to join its area team as the youth representative. If you’re in this area and looking to expand your skills, show your passion for Scouting, and have a great time while doing it, we want YOU!
The deadline for applications is June 16th, 2017.
Look here for details on how to apply for this exciting role: AYC – Mississauga
Thanks for your interest and I look forward to hearing from you!!
Yours in Scouting,
Deanna Di Vito – Central Escarpment Council Youth Commissioner
We are saddened with the news today that Bill Rice, from Burlington Area, passed away this morning. A 35 year volunteer with Scouts Canada who was recently honoured with the Bar to the Silver Acorn and the Award of Fortitude for his battle with Cancer. Bill was a strong supporter and volunteer with The Canadian Blood Services and with Movember were Bill had raised over $30,000.00 to help with Men’s health issues.
Our thoughts and prayers are with Bill’s family.
Gone Home far to soon.
Deanna DeVito – Central Escarpment Council Youth Commissioner
David Frederick – Central Escarpment Council Commissioner
Ian Foss- Executive Director Scouts Canada
The 2017 CEC Youth Recognition Ceremony will be on Sunday, June 11, 2017 at Sheridan College, 1400 Trafalgar Rd, Oakville, Ontario.
If you earned the Chief Scout, Queen’s Venturer or Canadian Rover Scout Award since May 2016 and would like to be included in this year’s Ceremony, please fill out and submit an application form
- Download a copy –HERE–
- If you are a Canadian Rover Scout Award recipient, the form has not yet been updated to reflect this award. Please indicate on the form (Add CANADIAN ROVER SCOUT AWARD).
Please send in the forms electronically by May 1, 2017 to Jen Austin (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- In the subject line, please specify “CEC Youth Recognition Ceremony Application – <Group Name> “
- There is no need to send in the original form unless you do not have access to a computer. In this case, please send the forms to the COSC (10 Kodiak Cr., Unit 120, Toronto, ON , M3J 3G5), and mark the envelope Attention: Jen Austin – CEC Youth Recognition Ceremony Application
Presentations for The North Star Award (Beavers) and The Seeonee Award (Cubs) will be done at the Group / Area level.
If there are any questions or issues, please contact our Council Youth Commissioner, Deanna Di Vito (email@example.com)
Pack Pack Pack!
Space is filling up quickly! Register online and save your spot! Be part of the biggest CECuboree yet!
Go to cecuboree.scouter.ca for more information and to sign up! Hope to see you there!
Announcement announcement announcement!
Attention all Packs!
PLAN THE 2018 CECUBOREE CONTEST
How would you (and your Pack) like to create the next CECuboree? Here’s your chance to share your ideas for the perfect Cuboree with all of the Central Escarpment Council!
Get your thinking caps on and come up with a theme. Then think of some of the exciting adventures that could happen during the camp. Finally flex your creative muscles and design the crest everyone gets to take home. We want to see you use your imaginations!
1. Name and theme for the 2018 CECuboree
2. A list of activities that you think would be fun and exciting to do Cuboree weekend
3. Design a camp crest
Entries will be displayed at this year’s Cuboree during program time on Saturday and each attending Pack will get the opportunity to vote for the one they like best! Winner will be announced at Camp Closing on Sunday June 11th, 2017.
Winning submission will receive a 2018 crest for each member of your Pack at the 2018 camp, a $50 credit for the 2018 event registration for your Pack, invitation to lead camp opening howl, and uber-bragging rights!
All entries must be received by midnight May 27th. 2017. Please include your Scouting Area, Scouting Group, Pack name (in case of multiple Packs), Scouter contact information, and a full colour image of the crest design.
Please submit to firstname.lastname@example.org reference 2018 CECUBOREE Contest in the subject line.
To one and all.
Do you have an Artists soul? Do you want one of your creations to be immortal? Do you want to be able to say with authority “I made that”?
We will be running a contest to create the Official CEC CJ17 badge. A panel of judges will be making the choice. The winner will be given 25 special bordered crests of their design.
Now the details:
1. Contest is open until midnight March 30 2017. Winner will announced April 6th 2017
2. All entries become the property of Scouts Canada.
3. Open to all Central Escarpment Council members of Scouts Canada.
4. Please send all submissions to email@example.com
5. Design may be modified for colours and size for the official badge.
Good luck to one and all!