I am pleased to invite nominations for the 2018 David C. Onley Award for Leadership in Accessibility. This award recognizes Ontarians who have gone above and beyond to improve accessibility for people with disabilities.
Recipients can include individual volunteers or organizations that have made outstanding contributions and have demonstrated outstanding leadership and commitment in the advocacy and promotion of accessibility and disability issues.
To submit a nomination for this award:
- Visit ontario.ca/honoursandawards.
- Select the Inclusion Category
- Click on David C. Onley Award for Leadership in Accessibility.
- Download the PDF form.
- Read the eligibility criteria and instructions carefully.
- Fill out the form, then submit it no later than December 3, 2017. Instructions for submitting your nomination package can be found on the website.
If you have any questions, contact the Ontario Honours and Awards Secretariat:
Thank you for supporting this program and for your interest in promoting accessibility for Ontarians with disabilities.
It’s here! Each Group is encouraged to have 2 representatives at one of these Popcorn Kick-offs to enjoy the fellowship and take part in fun yet informational training:
- What’s new in 2017
- Important Sale dates to remember
- 2017 Group Kick-off package
4 Locations and Dates to choose from:
- Tuesday August 22nd 7:00 – 9:00pm
Kitchener Scout House (upstairs)
844 Frederick Street, Kitchener
- Thursday August 24th 7:00 – 9:00pm
Erindale Presbyterian Church
1560 Dundas Street West, Mississauga
- Thursday September 7th 7:00 – 9:00pm
John’s Anglican Church
2464 Dundas Street, Burlington
- Saturday September 9th 9:30 – 11:30am
Hillcrest United Church
8958 Trafalgar Road, Georgetown
Please RSVP your attendance by using the link: https://doodle.com/poll/gmp6di2a536kdqkz
Want more? Join us for an additional Workshop to learn how to take it to the next level!
- How to run a successful Fundraiser
- Share ideas & success stories
- How to use Group Level incentives
- Saturday September 9th 11:30am-1:30pm.
Hillcrest United Church.
8958 Trafalgar Road, Georgetown
- Please RSVP for this session with the above link as well.
If you have any questions or want more information, please contact CEC Popcorn Co-ordinator Mike McCoy (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Did you know?
You can ‘Thank’ someone directly to their volunteer profile through myscouts.ca
- Log into your myscouts.ca account
- Find the person you want to recognize in myscouts.ca
- For example, use the ‘Find an Individual’ link, or Navigate through your Section to the person’s record.
- On the left-hand side under Admin Options, click the ‘Add Commendation’ link. The ‘Add Commendation’ modal dialog box will pop up.
- The Individual Name field should already be filled in with the person you are recognizing.
- In the Application Date, fill in the approximate date of service you are recognizing them for (for example, the date of the meeting, activity or event), or fill in today’s date if you don’t know.
- In the Comments field, describe in 3-4 sentences the outstanding act or service the person has performed and the impact on you, the Youth or the community. You have 450 characters to work with.
- Leave the Recognition Name as ‘Certificate of Commendation’
- In the Nominator Field, put in the name of the person making the commendation. If you wish, you could add the relationship to the person being recognized in brackets. For example,
- Linus van Pelt (Fellow Scouter)
- Woodstock (Cub Scout)
- Big Bird (Parent)
- Click Save to send the commendation on for approval.
Note – the Application Date, Comments and Nominator fields are used the same way as if you had entered the commendation through the www.scouts.ca/thanks website and will appear on the Commendation Letter. By adding the commendation through myscouts.ca, there’s no confusion which person the commendation is being made for, and the approval process will be faster.
Central Escarpment Council Support Team
Our Troop has indicated they would like to try a hot tent this winter. We have 11 youth and 3 Scouters but may link up with another small Troop. We may have access to a 10 man tent but no stove.
Does anyone have either a stove we could borrow or a large hot tent with stove we can borrow?
Contact email@example.com – Thanks!
Troop Counsellor, 1st Elmira Scout Troop